- ID: 4027
- Geography: India
- Industry/ Sector: Agriculture
- Technologies used: Internet of Things
- Sustainability Themes: Sustainable Farming
- Companies Involved: Eeki Foods, Country Delight, Barton Breeze, and Fit Farms
The Indian agricultural sector faces multiple challenges, including the scarcity of high-quality agricultural produce, unsustainable farming practices, and the financial burden of traditional farming methods. These issues not only affect the quality of produce but also the income of farmers and the overall health of consumers.
Eeki Foods has developed patented IoT-powered growing chambers, also known as polyhouses, to address these challenges. These chambers, made from polymer composites, enhance nutrient absorption in plants, ensuring optimal farm growth. The IoT technology allows for remote monitoring of essential factors like temperature and humidity, ensuring ideal conditions for crops. This tech stack also automates adjustments to maintain suitable growing conditions and sends alerts if problems arise, contributing to greater energy efficiency.
Role of Companies
- Eeki Foods: Founded by Abhay Singh and Amit Kumar, Eeki Foods specializes in growing high-quality, nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits using their IoT-powered growing chambers. The startup collaborates with landowners to set up these chambers, transforming barren lands into productive assets.
- Country Delight, Barton Breeze, and Fit Farms: These companies use the produce from Eeki Foods to promote sustainable agriculture
- Farmers: The technology reduces the human effort required in traditional farming, ensuring consistent and ideal conditions for crops, leading to higher yields.
- Landowners: They can transform their otherwise idle lands into productive assets, earning tax-free agricultural income.
- Consumers: They receive high-quality, nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits, promoting better health and nutrition.
- Environment: The use of natural alternatives to insecticides and pesticides, like mint plants, ensures eco-friendly farming practices. The technology also contributes to reduced carbon emissions, aiding the fight against climate change.
Alignment with SDGs
- SDG 2 (Zero Hunger): By producing fresh, healthy, and affordable fruits and vegetables, Eeki Foods directly contributes to addressing malnutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture.
- SDG 9 (Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure): The innovative use of IoT technology in agriculture showcases the integration of infrastructure and innovation to solve real-world problems.
- SDG 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production): Eeki Foods’ approach promotes responsible production of agricultural goods, ensuring quality and sustainability.
- SDG 13 (Climate Action): Through eco-friendly practices and reduced carbon emissions, the startup is taking measures to combat climate change.
- SDG 15 (Life on Land): By transforming barren tracts into productive lands, Eeki Foods is promoting the sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems.
In conclusion, Eeki Foods stands as a testament to how technology, particularly IoT, can revolutionize traditional sectors like agriculture. By addressing core challenges and aligning their objectives with global sustainability goals, the startup not only ensures business growth but also contributes significantly to a sustainable future.
More Information: Inc42
Please read the disclaimer here.