- ID: 4028
- Geography: United States
- Industry/ Sector: Food and Beverage
- Technologies used: Internet of Things, Hydroxyl Radical
- Sustainability Themes: Community Health and Wellness
- Companies Involved: AgriFORCE Growing Systems Ltd., Radical Clean Solutions (RCS)
Food contamination is a significant concern in the US, costing the economy over $18 billion annually. Contaminated food can lead to severe health issues, including foodborne illnesses caused by pathogens like E. coli, Salmonella, and Listeria. These pathogens not only pose risks to consumers but also lead to massive economic losses due to food recalls and medical treatments.
Radical Clean Solutions (RCS) has developed a suite of proprietary and patent-pending Hydroxyl devices that utilize hydroxyl technology. This technology produces hydroxyl radicals that break down and oxidize pollutants, including pathogens, mold, and mildew, at a molecular level. After the oxidation process, the hydroxyl radicals revert back to oxygen and hydrogen, ensuring no toxic residues remain. The devices are integrated with RCS’ proprietary IoT platform, which provides real-time data and analytics on device performance, utilization, and compliance. This ensures continuous monitoring and immediate action when required.
Role of Companies
- AgriFORCE Growing Systems Ltd.: An IP-focused AgTech company, AgriFORCE has acquired a 14% stake in RCS. The company has also secured worldwide rights to exclusively commercialize RCS’ Hydroxyl devices and management systems in controlled environment agriculture (CEA) and food manufacturing facilities. They aim to reduce food spoilage and ensure maximum food safety and operational efficiency.
- Radical Clean Solutions (RCS): Led by Roger Slotkin, RCS is the developer and commercializer of the Hydroxyl devices. Their technology is designed to eliminate pathogens in various environments, from food production facilities to homes. They focus on providing a chemical-free solution that sanitizes surfaces, materials, equipment, and air.
- Consumer Safety: RCS’ technologies are proven to eliminate foodborne pathogens, ensuring that the food consumers eat is free from harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Economic Savings: By reducing food spoilage and contamination, businesses can save on costs associated with food recalls, medical treatments, and lost sales.
- Operational Efficiency: The real-time data and analytics provided by the IoT platform allow businesses to monitor and ensure the optimal performance of the Hydroxyl devices, leading to better operational efficiency.
- Environmental Benefits: The chemical-free nature of the Hydroxyl technology ensures that there are no toxic residues, making it environmentally friendly and safe for people, pets, and plants.
Alignment with SDGs
- SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-being): By eliminating foodborne pathogens, the technology ensures better health outcomes for consumers.
- SDG 9 (Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure): The integration of IoT with Hydroxyl technology showcases innovative solutions to real-world problems.
- SDG 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production): The technology promotes responsible production by ensuring food safety and reducing spoilage.
- SDG 13 (Climate Action): The chemical-free nature of the technology reduces the environmental impact, contributing to climate action.
In conclusion, the collaboration between AgriFORCE Growing Systems Ltd. and Radical Clean Solutions represents a significant step forward in ensuring consumer health and safety. By harnessing the power of IoT and Hydroxyl technology, they are addressing the pressing issue of food contamination, showcasing how technology can lead to positive sustainability outcomes.
More Information: Yahoo Finance
Please read the disclaimer here.