SIA Platform - MethodologySmart Intelligence Access
Which consortia are included
– Large consortia of enterprises and blockchain technology vendors that come together for exploring possibilities of enterprise adoption of this technology across industries and use cases. Examples: Hyperledger, EEA, etc.
– Industry-focused consortia of enterprises that come together to target specific use cases using this technology. Example: B3i
– Industry-focused consortia of enterprises and technology vendors that come together with an objective of developing standards for blockchain adoption. Example: BiTA
– Existing industry consortia, that have created special projects/ working groups to explore the adoption of blockchain technology. Example: Cable Industry Technology Consortium
– Niche consortia created by technology vendors by inviting industry participants to test blockchain technology for specific use cases. Example: SBI Ripple Japanese Bank Consortium
– Region-focused consortia that have technology vendors, enterprises, governments, regulators and other market participants coming together to promote adoption of this technology in a particular region. Example: Dutch Blockchain Coalition
Information Sources and Standardization
– Consortium websites
– News releases made by key consortium members
– News reports and articles in other digital media sources
– Presentations, reports, and whitepapers that have been released by the consortia
– Interviews of key consortia executives
– Other sources
We have tried to standardize the information to the extent possible by creating an information capturing framework. However, due to the lack of uniform reporting of information, comparable information on all fields for all consortia might not be available.
Also, the information reported by different consortia with regards to fields such as focus use cases is highly subjective. We have used our judgment to standardize the information into categories so that it can be analyzed.
Classification criteria for Consortium size
– Small: 6-10 members
– Medium: 11-30 members
– Large: 30+ members
Classification criteria for Consortium Maturity
– Focused: If the consortium has clearly identified use cases and is conducting pilot/ proof of concept tests.
– Advanced: If the consortium has successfully completed the pilot/ proof of concepts and has launched a commercial project.
– Dormant: If the consortium has not provided any update for a period of more than two years.
In rare cases where the date was not specified, we have taken the date as the 1st Day of the month in which the first information was reported.
The information on this webpage is proprietary and should not be reproduced in any manner without the written permission of ESG Intelligence Private Limited (ESG). This analysis does not constitute investment or professional advice and investors and other users of this information should not rely on it for investment or other purposes. While we have taken due care and caution in the compilation and presentation of the information and data, no warranty is made as to the completeness, accuracy or utility of this analysis.